Mathematics of the Tata Institute is actively seeking applications from
strong researchers in all areas of pure mathematics. In TIFR we do research in
the following areas:
We seek applications in these areas as well as other areas of pure mathematics.
- Algebraic Geometry
- Algebraic Topology, K-Theory, Motivic Homotopy Theory
- Complex Geometry
- Dynamical Systems and Ergodic Theory
- Geometry and Topology
- Hyperbolic Geometry and Geometric Group Theory
- Lie Groups and Arithmetic Groups
- Number Theory
- Representation Theory
- Vector bundles
TIFR has a beautiful campus next to the
Arabian sea where accommodation is provided for the scientific staff.
The library of TIFR subscribes to most of the important journals in
mathematics and has a well stocked reference library.
TIFR is a Deemed University and runs a Ph.D. program.
Candidates will be considered for one of the following positions:
- Reader (Tenure Track): For 6 years for candidates with Ph.D. and 3 to 5 years post-doctoral experience.
- Exceptional candidates may be considered for Reader (tenured) and higher positions.
Enquires for applications at all levels (non-tenured and tenured) should be directed to the Dean, School of Mathematics (deanmf /at/
math.tifr.res.in) with a copy to the Search Committee: (sc /at/
Applications will be processed twice a year with deadlines of midnight of IST December 1 and April 1 of every year.
To apply, please upload the following documents via mathjobs.org:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A research statement
- Publication list
- Three letters of recommendation (to be submitted online by reference
writers via the site mathjobs.org).
School of Mathematics has a Centre in
Bangalore where research in Applicable Mathematics is carried out. For
more information about that program, see the website of TIFR Bangalore.